Adding a touch of personalisation can make the most humdrum of gifts something far more special. Personalised golden wedding anniversary gifts are all the more significant, because the person giving them has gone to a little more trouble than just picking something off the shelf. There are lots of different ways in which you can personalise your wedding anniversary gift. Add the names of the happy couple, the date that they tied the knot and where it took place, and maybe add a meaningful poem or a couple of worthwhile comments that explain how much they mean to you, and how you admire their 50 years together.
A Personalised Gift Will Make the Recipients Smile
Whether the gift item is a tiny keepsake, jar of candy, bottle of wine or bath salts, having the item personalised will make much more of an impact. It will also make it more memorable. Run of the mill anniversary presents can be very quickly forgotten. So what kind of gifts can be personalised? Of course there’s the most obvious, in the form of a piece of jewelry. Rings, bracelets, pendants can all be engraved to suit specific needs. But there are also a whole host of other items than can be made much more individual. How about a comfy cushion, cheeseboard, glasses, doormat, mugs, phone covers, sweets and a plethora of other objects, both practical and fanciful.
Personalised Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Romantic Matched Set set
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- Comes in a quality leather display case
Gold-Dipped RoseGold rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- It is presented in a prestigious leather display case
- A certificate of authenticity is enclosed
- Free express delivery
Gold-Dipped Rose Pendantpendant
- Decorated with 21 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- Created using real miniature rose petals glazed and trimmed with 24 karat gold
- With a lifetime warranty
Make Your Golden Wedding Anniversary Present Truly Individual
Buying the happy couple personalised wedding anniversary gifts will ensure that whatever you’re giving will be truly individual. Your gift will be unique, because it’s either been decorated with a personal photo or image, or engraved or painted with the happy couples names. The items you choose will be originals, crafted with the love and attention the couple deserve. Look through some old photos and capture memories that mean something. Add thoughts and captions that encapsulate the strength of the couple’s relationship. How about a personalised photobook, guestbook or address book? A man and woman who have lived together for 50 years will have lots of friends and family who can contribute, if you can’t find the right picture to include.
Make it Personal – with a Novel, Poem, Song or Portrait
Pretty much anything can be personalised to suit all kinds of occasions, but especially for a wedding anniversary gift. Think of any kind of item, and there’s bound to be somebody who can make it more of a personal item. Jewelry, household items, clothes, prints and other items are the obvious choice when it comes to personalising but there are some more interesting and unusual alternatives. Why not get a novel written with the names of the happy couple featured in the story? A poem can be penned with the love birds in mind, and if you’ve got an old photo lying around of the anniversary pair, send it off to be transformed into a unique portrait. You can also order copies of a tabloid newspaper, printed on the day of their wedding, and often slightly altered to include some mention of them. And not forgetting an individual hamper, filled with the things that the loving couple enjoy. Tastefully wrapped in gold of course. You can include speciality teas and coffees, chocolates, favourite cheeses, fruit, music CD’s and a copy of their favourite film. This might require a bit of insight into the interests of the anniversary celebrities, but you can always ask friends and family for some pointers.
Organise a Personalised Message from the Queen or the President
Bet you didn’t realise it but golden wedding anniversary messages can be requested from some very important people, wherever you may live in the world. In the USA for example, the White House will send greetings cards signed by the President, to commemorate special events including a 50th wedding anniversary. Requests can be made online, via a local Senator or by post, but you need to allow plenty of time for the request to be processed. Current advice is that due to demand these requests can take several months to be actioned. Currently in the UK, the Queen only sends out greetings for 60th, 65th, 70th and for every year after. Birthday cards are also sent out when 100th and 105th birthdays have been reached. For the Roman Catholics among you, you’ll be honoured to know that the Pope can issue Papal Blessings for couples celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, but you will have to make a formal request and follow certain requirements.
Top 5 Most Popular Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Nowadays there is a long list of wedding anniversary gifts you should be giving, usually associated with the number of years that a couple have been married. For example a paper gift to celebrate the first year of marriage, silver for 25 years and diamond for 60 years. While many people follow this time honoured list there are a few common anniversary gifts that are chosen by a high majority of people, regardless of how many years are being celebrated.
- Jewelry – it can be said that you can’t really go wrong when it comes to giving jewelry as an anniversary present. A heart shaped gold pendant with matching earrings for her and gold cufflinks for him.
- Flowers – these are a popular choice for celebrating many kinds of occasions, whether you choose real flowers or ones that have been dipped in gold. The giving of flowers has played a significant part in many different cultures since the Middle Ages, and it’s still very popular today, throughout the world.
- Chocolate – rich, luxurious chocolates are still a very popular choice, for both men and women, and we don’t mean a bar of Cadbury’s picked from the supermarket on the way home from work.
- Travel – there’s nothing that can match the joy of spending time together whether you decide on a tropical location, luxury cruise, weekend away or a day out somewhere special.
- Celebrate with a party – after all who doesn’t love a party, and what better cause for celebration than 50 years of wedded bliss.