Looking for something a little unusual for a golden wedding anniversary gift? Want to give a very special couple something a little different than the normal run of the mill anniversary gift? And if you’re one half of the whole that is celebrating such a momentous achievement as 50 years and still married, don’t spend hours lying awake worrying. There are countless companies offering unique, diverse and unusual golden wedding anniversary gift ideas. The only thing that really limits your choice of wedding anniversary gift is your imagination and obviously your budget. The sky’s the limit when it comes to ideas, but be sure that the gift you choose will be appreciated, and not cast to one side for being far too quirky.
Unusual Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Romantic Matched Set set
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- Comes in a quality leather display case
Gold-Dipped RoseGold rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- It is presented in a prestigious leather display case
- A certificate of authenticity is enclosed
- Free express delivery
Gold-Dipped Rose Pendantpendant
- Decorated with 21 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- Created using real miniature rose petals glazed and trimmed with 24 karat gold
- With a lifetime warranty
Give the Couple an Experience to Match no Other
Why not send the couple on a date to remember? A memorable holiday is the most obvious choice but this may be out of your price range. So how about a day at the races, a weekend in a top London hotel, flying lessons or a skydive? This is just a few ideas, so let’s give you some more:
- 90 minutes in a flight simulator
- Luxury treehouse experience for two nights with the family
- Tickets to the River Cottage Summer Fair
- Watch Deep Purple live at the O2 Arena, followed by dinner at Gordon Ramsay’s Union Street Cafe
- Discover London’s rich history during a two hour walking tour
- Design your very own perfume
- Revive yourself and your partner with a relaxing spa treatment
- Experience the MotoGP qualifying day at Silverstone
- Learn how to land yacht
- 4×4 off road driving experience
- White water rafting
- And a whole lot more besides
The Discovery Game: for a married couple
The perfect choice as an anniversary gift, The Discovery Game brings a bit of excitement into a marriage. Ideal for any couple, whether they are celebrating their first wedding anniversary or have been together for longer than they can remember, this fun-filled game creates an exhilarating atmosphere while giving the happy pair the chance to talk, have a laugh and rekindle their romance in an interactive and entertaining way.
Even better, this game isn’t only incredibly fun to play, but it is also a wonderful tool to improve the couple’s relationship and to make it stronger than ever. Specially designed for couples, this wonderful game gives the opportunity to reminisce about happy moments shared together, the chance to praise each other’s positive attributes as well as the fun of getting physically close in a range of fun and intimate challenges. The perfect choice for competitive partners, this game is a date night in a box and provides hours of entertainment in the comfort of their own home. By giving The Discovery Game to a special couple in your life, you are giving them a gift that keeps giving – the gift of a strong and long lasting marriage.
Unusual Golden Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for the Couple Who Have Everything
A couple who have made it to their 50th wedding anniversary will likely have everything they could possibly need, which makes it all the more difficult to find the right kind of golden wedding anniversary gift. All it takes though is to be a little bit creative, and you’re sure to find something different. Personalising the gift will always make it more individual, so let’s give you some ideas.
TRAVEL – For many senior citizens travelling is something that’s very enjoyable. If your budget allows why not purchase the celebrating couple plane tickets to a place they’ve never visited before? Or how about a trip to a city where they have family? Maybe a romantic cruise, where they can sit back and relax, enjoying each others company? If this sort of gift is out of your price range how about a travel related gift? An initialled set of matching luggage, passport holders or a guide book to a destination they’d love to visit.
- A GIFT OF MEMORIES – today’s busy world leaves little time for reminiscing, so help the couple relive some of theirs with a scrapbook. With powerful images, photos and comments you’ll be helping them recount some of their happy times. You can make the book specifically relating to the couple, or about yourself and the couple. A great idea if you are one of their offspring.
- ORGANISE A SURPRISE PARTY – if the couple already have everything they need give a good time instead. You could organise a surprise dinner party, and invite them over to your place, but why not get the whole family together for a surprise party? Invite children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, along with all their friends, both past and present. Decorate the venue with lots of gold, as well as pictures from their past. Serve up some of their favourite foods, and don’t forget a great big golden wedding anniversary cake.
- MAKE A DONATION – there is probably a charitable cause that is close to their heart so why not donate a gift in their name? If they’ve got a park or public garden that they like visiting install a bench in their name, with a plaque to remind everyone why it’s been placed there.
- PLANT A TREE – planting a tree in honour of 50 years of marriage is a meaningful gift. If the couple enjoy nature or have a particular spot they like to visit regularly, see if you can get the tree planted in one of these spots. Everytime they stroll past they’ll be reminded of the wonderful occasion, and be able to take a moment to sit back and recall fond memories.
If you are just getting started with scrapbooking and are looking for a really versatile album that comes with plenty of great accessories, all for one affordable price, the Innocheer scrapbook is perfect.
Incredibly simple and yet very stylish, its tie closure looks attractive while keeping all of your pages safe from damage. This complete kit contains all of the essentials to get you off to the best possible start with your new hobby as it comes complete with a hard cardboard storage box, two pairs of scissors, postcards, lace tapes, stickers and pens. The pages are made from high quality craft paper and are very durable so they won’t fade or tear easily. As they are also made from acid-free cardstock you can attach pictures to each side of the page. Well made and designed, this robust album will last a long time and is a great way of presenting and storing photos. As it can hold more than 160, there’s lots of room for all your favourite images, so you can easily create a wonderful memento of a special holiday or important occasion or give it as a fantastic gift to a loved one for an anniversary, baby shower or wedding.
Nearly Natural 5209 Ficus Silk Tree
Whether you are looking for a beautiful addition to your home décor or are searching for the perfect gift to give a houseproud loved one, this gorgeous silk ficus tree is the perfect choice.
Boasting all of the elegance of the real thing, this tree is a perfectly detailed replica of the original, with no less than 1008 leaves of various shades of green for an all natural appearance. Its realistic trunk features a vine wrapping intricately around it for even greater authenticity while its branches are sturdy and as strong as real wood. Even better, this lovely artificial plant requires no maintenance or watering, but will look stunning all year round in any room of the home. Unlike the real thing, which is difficult to care for and which often fails to thrive when kept as a houseplant, the Nearly Natural Ficus looks vibrant under any lighting conditions and will remain eternally verdant.
Standing at a full 6 feet in height, this spectacular tree is sure to make a statement and to become a focal point of any space. This silk tree makes the ideal gift for any plant lover, and makes a fantastic anniversary gift for a special couple.
Amazon Echo – Black
If you’re looking for the latest cutting edge gadget to revolutionise your life at home, the Amazon Echo is what you’re looking for.
This amazing, technologically advanced device can recognise your voice and respond to your commands, answer your questions and control other devices within your home. Do you want to listen to your favourite song, or play some classical music to accompany your dinner party? Just ask Alexa. Do you want to catch up with the latest news or listen to an audiobook while you cook dinner? No worries, Alexa can read it to you. She can tell you the latest football score, report on local traffic or weather conditions and can even tell you when the bank closes. When you invest in compatible connected devices, you will never need to switch on a light, sprinkler or thermostat again, since Alexa can control it all for you hands-free. As the Amazon Echo is simple to set up and can be easily controlled through the Alexa app, there is almost no end to the useful tasks that this device can help you to accomplish. One of the best features is the calling and messaging service which allows you to instantly talk to any of your family or friends who has an Echo.
Buy the Amazon Echo for a loved one as a gift and you’ll be helping to bring the family closer together.
Don’t Go Shopping Before Reading About the Worst Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- A PRESENT FOR YOURSELF – a wedding anniversary gift is supposed to delight your partner and celebrate the love you have for them. If you find yourself more excited about the gift than they are you might want to honestly think about who you’re buying it for. You might fancy the idea of sexy lingerie, but a baby doll nightdress might not be comfortable for your special lady. The latest BBQ may seem like the perfect gift for your husband – after all don’t you just love the things he could prepare on it? But is this really something that he will treasure?
- SELF IMPROVEMENT PRESENTS – you’ll need to tread very carefully with this kind of gift, or you risk highlighting personal issues that are best left alone. Your wife may express a wish to be more healthy, lose weight and improve her figure, but is a subscription to the local diet club really what she wants?
- A GIFT CARD OR VOUCHER – nothing will express how little you know about someone than giving them a gift card. It will be completely irrelevant the value of the card, nothing will save you from this unwelcome error of judgement.
Unusual golden wedding anniversary gift ideas are a plenty. Just spend some time researching your options, and you’re bound to come up with something that is memorable, and a true reflection of your feelings, and the admiration your feel for each other, or the celebrating couple.