Celebrating 50 years as a married couple is quite an occasion. When the happy couple are your parents it’s time to find a gift that shows how much you appreciate and love all their hard work. In Roman times a golden wedding anniversary was marked by the husband giving his loving wife a wreath made from gold. Today, gold is still used as a symbol of this occasion, but not surprisingly, wreaths are not very popular. There are however, plenty of wonderful, unusual or exciting options when it comes to picking golden wedding anniversary gifts for parents.
Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts That Bring Back Memories
Marriage is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations and little time for looking back and remembering the good times. One great way to celebrate your parents golden wedding anniversary is to create a scrapbook or photo album of some memorable moments. Take a look online and you will find a wealth of different designs, colours and styles to start your collection. You can choose from many different personalised covers, and add their names, date of their marriage and where it took place. It might be difficult, if you want to keep this present a secret, but try and get some old photos, including some from their special wedding day. Ask other family members and friends to see what they have to contribute. If you can’t get enough images why not ask people to write something in the book.
If you like the idea of creating a momento, but would prefer it didn’t take the form of a book, take a look at all the different kinds of picture frames that are available. Choose from a wide variety of colours, if you’d like to steer away from the colour gold. Add poems, comments from friends, basically anything you want.
Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts For Parents
Romantic Matched Set set
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- Comes in a quality leather display case
Gold-Dipped RoseGold rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- It is presented in a prestigious leather display case
- A certificate of authenticity is enclosed
- Free express delivery
Gold-Dipped Rose Pendantpendant
- Decorated with 21 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- Created using real miniature rose petals glazed and trimmed with 24 karat gold
- With a lifetime warranty
50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts That Show You Care
Reaching the 50th anniversary of their wedding is a special occasion for parents. The modern trend for separation and quick divorce, makes 50 years together, through thick and thin, quite an achievement. There are lots of different ways you can show your parents how much they mean to you. Whether you decide to throw a big party, hold a small family get-together, buy a special gift, send them on a holiday, or just invite them round for dinner, it’s important that you show how much you care about them. Finding the perfect golden wedding anniversary gifts for your parents can be quite daunting, because there is just so much to choose from. You won’t find the answer by spending just a few minutes on the internet. It’ll take a bit of time and careful consideration before you find something that will be memorable.
Games to Play at Your Parent’s Golden Wedding Anniversary Bash
If you’d prefer to put your all into organising a party for your parents, here’s a few games that will make the occasion fun and interesting for all concerned.
- Who Knows the Happy Couple the Best? You probably think that it’s you who will win this challenge, but you might be surprised at how little you know. Before the party get your parents together and compile some fun questions for your guests to answer. They might include where they first met, what is their favourite pet, any unusual habits – you get the picture. There could be a prize for the most correct answers, and the opportunity to share funny answers with the other guests.
- Test their Relationship – Hopefully your parents will be up for this challenge. Sit a couple of chairs back to back, and let your parents take centre stage. Ask them suitable questions regarding their relationship, and get them to write their answers down. Have a small gift ready for each of the answers they manage to match.
- Guess the Couple – this is an opportunity to involve other guests, by asking them to bring an early photo from when they first met, or a picture of their wedding day. Lay them all out, and see if other guests can guess who they are.
Ideas for Your Parents Golden Wedding Anniversary Gift
Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, cufflinks – indeed any kind of gold jewelry are a great idea to give as a gift. There are plenty to choose from, and you’ll have no problem finding the perfect item to suit your mother’s or your father’s taste. Don’t just buy the first thing you find, take your time and consider what they would most like. Gold is great because you can choose from a few different hues, for example white or yellow gold.
You can buy real roses that have been dipped in gold , and these make a long lasting present. Or why not opt for a gold plated plate, if you’d prefer to be more classical in your choices? Add some personalisation, to make the gift all the more special.
You could look at buying something for their home, but after 50 years of marriage it’s highly likely that they’ve got everything they need. So why not opt for some interesting additions or accessories, rather than something that would be considered essential? Go for something artistic such as an item made from gold coloured glass, a tapestry, an original painting or some other kind of artisan item.
Golden wedding anniversary gifts for him, and wedding anniversary gifts for her can be very different, but can also be connected. After 50 years there are probably plenty of things they both like doing, and they will have similar tastes. Perhaps your dad likes collecting coins – there are plenty of unique gold coins to choose from. Maybe your mum has a thimble collection – finding a gold one won’t be a problem.
Whatever kind of gift you choose to present to your parents on their golden wedding anniversary, make sure it’s something special. Something that speaks volumes of the love you’ve all shared over the last few decades.