50 years of being blissfully married, or half a century of trouble and strife? Whichever category you fall into, celebrating your 50th anniversary is something that has to be done. It’s not just an idea thought up by all the gift stores, it’s a celebration that’s been taking place for hundreds of years. Hallmark wasn’t around at the time of the Holy Roman Empire, or in Medieval Germany, where it is thought that this celebration all began. Way back then, a husband who had been lucky to live long enough to enjoy 50 years of marriage, gave his wife a wreath made of gold. Nowadays there is far more to choose from than this possibly outdated present, and did you know you can even request congratulations from the Prime Minister or Governor General? How cool would that be as your choice of golden wedding anniversary gifts in Australia.
Top Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts In Australia
Romantic Matched Set set
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- Comes in a quality leather display case
Gold-Dipped RoseGold rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- It is presented in a prestigious leather display case
- A certificate of authenticity is enclosed
- Free express delivery
Gold-Dipped Rose Pendantpendant
- Decorated with 21 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- Created using real miniature rose petals glazed and trimmed with 24 karat gold
- With a lifetime warranty
Official Congratulations for Your 50th Anniversary in Australia
In Australia you can request personal congratulations from the Prime Minister or the Governor General. It’s a simple case of completing the request and providing some proof. You can arrange your message of congratulations by making an application through the electorate office of any Federal Member of Parliament, or the office of any Senator for your state or territory.
The best place to go is the office of your local federal member, because there are plenty of helpful staff to guide you through the process. If you are applying because you want a message sent to friends or relatives who live in another state, their local office will be notified of your request and will send a message as well.
You’ll need to provide supporting documentation such as marriage or birth certificates. But don’t worry if you haven’t got these because you can complete a statutory declaration.
You should make your request at least 2 months before the anniversary date, because this is a popular choice of gifts for a golden wedding anniversary in Australia. But you can request a belated anniversary message if you’ve left it too late.
The message the happy couple receive will be printed on a four paneled gold card, with a personalised certificate inside. It will also include the first two verses of the Australian National Anthem, the Commonwealth coat of arms, and the Prime Minister’s monogram on the front cover. When folded the message will fit into an A5 envelope.
Golden Wedding Gifts in Australia from Eternity Rose
When it comes to giving the perfect anniversary gift, whether it’s for your husband or your wife, nothing speaks volumes more than a gift from Eternity Rose. Gold dipped natural rose blooms, glazed rose petal jewellery, and for him there’s gold dipped poker cards or a gold dipped golf ball and tee set.
Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts you can Enjoy Together
After 50 years of married life together, there’s probably not much you actually need. A few golden ornaments, trinkets, or jewellery will likely fit the bill. And if you’re planning a great big party, there will be lots of golden wedding anniversary gifts from your guests. So what can the pair of you do to make the day special? Take yourselves off for an adventure, try something new, or try one of the following experience suggestions.
- An overnight Brisbane getaway with breakfast and minibar – spend the night in style at one of Brisbane’s top hotels. Sleep in late and get breakfast delivered to your room, with a bottle of champagne and two glasses of course.
- Seafood Dining Experience by the Harbour – indulge yourself and taste some magnificent food while enjoying a view of Sydney harbour. Choose to go for dinner or for lunch, and then take in the sights and sounds of the magnificent city.
- Whale watching and speed boat experience – who doesn’t enjoy watching the nature programmes on TV? But far better is to see the wonders of nature up close and personal. And nothing is more spectacular then seeing a whale so close you can almost touch it.
- High Tea and Hot Springs Bathing – treat yourself in two of Victoria’s popular destinations. Lie back and let your woes drift away in a natural thermal mineral water bath. Then step out and enjoy high tea, with some of the best cakes in the business.
- The City of Lights dinner cruise – enjoy the enchantment and relaxing atmosphere of the Swan River at night. 3 great buffet courses, with free wine and beer.
- Climbing weekend on Sydney Harbour bridge – you’ll get a guided tour of the bridge, and be able to see a view that’s amazing. You even get a certificate, photograph and hat.
Best Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts in Australia for the Happy Couple
If you’ve been invited to the wedding anniversary celebrations of a couple of friends or family members you might be wondering what to buy them as a gift. You know they are pretty well set up in their home, and aren’t keen on lots of golden trinkets and ornaments displayed on various shelves. You’ve already been there and done that for their silver wedding anniversary, so you’re looking for something more original. Here’s a few suggestions you might want to consider.
- Scotch Whisky Hamper – contains a tasty bottle of Scotch and some delectable and tasty treats. It’s a little bit pricey, but there’s nothing wrong with a few of you clubbing together.
- Champagne flutes and a bottle of champagne – always a great gift, because the couple can enjoy a toast when everyone has gone home from the party.
- Books with “Don’ts for Husbands” and a matching one with “Don’ts for Wives” – the original books were published in 1913, by Blanche Ebbutt.
Things to Consider when Looking for Golden Wedding Anniversary Gifts in Australia
The gift should be a reflection of the lifestyle, needs and wants of the couple. Bear in mind the age of the couple, as not all gifts are appropriate for those in the middle years of their life. Talk to the couple’s family, children and other friends to gain a better understanding of the kind of things they like. Take their interests into consideration when choosing a gift. Some couples love to travel, some love to spend time at the theatre, and of course there’s those that love gardening.
And one last thought – why not pitch in with other family members and close friends so you can really push the boat when buying an Australian golden wedding anniversary gift.